Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fear, Failure and Success



Fear is a darkroom where negatives develop.  ~Usman B. Asif
 
How true is that quote?
Fear can be so dibilitating. Holding us back from amazing opportunities and experiences. Stopping us from pursuing dreams and visions. Obstructing our view of God's plans for our lives. Preventing us from reaching our full potential.

I believe there is so much pressure these days to be successful. Prosperity surrounds us. Billboards tell us if we don't have the latest and greatest clothes, mobile, house, laptop or car that we are somehow not as good as those who do. This then creates fear. Fear of failure. If I try and I don't succed, I have failed.


And we don't like that!

But if we allow fear to hold us back and conqure us, we will never actually know for sure the end result. It is ok to not succeed. We just need to learn from it and keep pushing on forward.



I love what I read in an article called How Does The Bible Define Success?
It said: When King David was about to die, he gave his son, Solomon, the following advice: “Do what the LORD your God commands and follow his teachings. Obey everything written in the Law of Moses. Then you will be a success, no matter what you do or where you go” (1 Kings 2:3 CEV).

When we give ourselves over to God and obey Him, He leads us on a journey that is even greater than we can imagine. Greater than the success the world has to offer.

 Many of our fears are tissue-paper-thin, and a single courageous step would carry us clear through them.  ~Brendan Francis

Where is all of this coming from you ask? I have a fear of failure! Since the beinning of the year I have been wanting to start my own small business. I have spent time thinking about it and planning different parts, but to date, still nothing has really happened. And I have realised it is a fear of failing that is holding me back. That first step is the hardest.


Where are you on the Highway to Success? Are you obeying and following all the amazing things God has for you. Or are you being held back in a little dark room affraid to take a step out?

Check out the history of Abraham Lincoln. It is such an inspiration that he kept trying and attempting, never giving up.


No comments:

Post a Comment